Ice cream is a sweetened frozen food typically eaten as a snack or dessert. It is usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream, and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavors.
SEE ALSO: Surprising Benefits Of Tea
Origin and History of Ice Cream
Hot summers end extreme heat waves always pushed people to find some salvation and way to cool themselves. This quest enabled the creation of many innovative technical devices and traditions, but only one item of them all managed to capture our imagination and wishes, giving everyone time to enjoy their moments in the sun and cool themselves like never before. This is a story of ice cream.
History of Ice Cream
History of ice creams followed the rise of the modern human civilizations. Its incredible appeal and high manufacturing price fueled the minds of countless inventors, who through centuries of trouble finally enabled the creation of the modern day ice cream industry. Find out more about ice cream history, timeline, and popular types here.
If you ever wanted to find out more about ice cream here you will find not only the most interesting facts but also information about most popular brands, effects of its use and much more.
Interesting Facts about Ice Cream
- Roman Emperor Nero adored ice cream. He established the large chain of runners who brought fresh ice from the mountain to Rome biggest cities.
- Marco Polo introduced Europe to the milk based ice cream in a late 13th century.
- One ice cream cone can be finished with 50 licks.
- The United States is the largest producer and consumer of ice cream in the world.
- 90% of American households eat ice cream.
- The most famous types of ice cream are Gelato, Neapolitan, Sorbet, stick, and cone.
- First, ice cream cone was created during 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis.
- Legends say that Charles I of England ordered beheading of his chef, who was blamed for releasing into the public secret recipe of King’s favorite ice cream.
- 12 gallons of milk can produce only 1 gallon of ice cream.