Best Beauty Tricks using common household items.
1. Coconut Oil Beauty Tricks-
- Use as Eye makeup removal, soak a cotton ball in the oil and swipe to remove stubborn, waterproof makeup.
- Hydrating deep conditioner, Mix one cup of hot water and two tablespoons of coconut oil. Once the coconut oil settles, massage it into your scalp and hair, comb it through with a wide-toothed comb, wrap it into a bun. Let it sit for an hour, then rinse thoroughly with warm water for shiny, beautiful hair.
- Cuticle cream. Applying coconut oil directly onto your cuticles helps soften them and strengthens your nails!
- Sunburn soother. Rubbing coconut oil directly onto a sunburn soothes it and helps to heal it at the same time.
- Makeup brush cleaner. Microwave a few tablespoons of coconut oil for about 30 seconds, then dip your brushes in it. Rub them on a paper towel to remove the makeup, and rinse under warm water. Coconut oil has anti-fungal benefits, so it will help keep your brushes bacteria-free.
- Scar treatment. The vitamin E and antioxidants in the oil help heal scars and smooth out skin for a clearer complexion.
2. Vaseline Beauty Tricks
- Get thicker-looking lashes. You don’t even need mascara to get lush lashes. Apply a little Vaseline to your lash line for a shiny, voluminous look.
Keep nail polish lids from drying shut. Spread Vaseline on the inside of the polish lid for super-easy opening next time you use it.
DIY a lip stain.
- Protect your skin from hair dye. If you’re colouring your hair from a box, it’s easy to get dye on your forehead or around your ears. Vaseline blocks the colour from seeping into your skin, so apply a little around your hairline first.
- Highlight your eyelids and cheeks. Using a bit of Vaseline is a super affordable way to get the dewy look when you don’t have highlighter handy. Dab it on your brow bones, lids, or the apples of your cheeks.
Hide split ends. If your hair looks totally fried, rub a little Vaseline on your ends. You can fake smooth ends until you get a haircut.
3. Apple cider vinegar Beauty Tricks
- Prepare a Detox mask by just adding a tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar (ACV) to any clay mask you have. Using it in your clay masks will help detoxify and exfoliate your skin apple cider vinegar is great for balancing the pH level of the skin.
- Make a foot soak, add 2 parts of water to one part of ACV and soak your feet in the mixture for about 15minutes for a refreshing experience. The exfoliating properties of Apple cider vinegar will help remove the dead skin from your feet leaving them all cleaned up.
- Get shiny hairs, Add a boost of shine to your hair using ACV. Mix equal parts of ACV and water, rinse your hair with this mixture right after you shampoo your hair. Leave it in for a few minutes before you rinse with plain water.
- Use for spot treatment, Dip a cotton bud into ACV and apply in on the zits and pimples on your face, this helps to balance the pH level of the skin and helps in drying out the zits quickly.
- Use Apple cider vinegar as a toner, mix 2 parts of water with one part of ACV and apply over the face with a cotton pad daily for the soft and glowing skin.
- Use as a brush cleanser, Mix 1/4th cup plain water with 1 teaspoon of ACV, mix well and soak your makeup brushes in this mixture for about 5-10 minutes and rinse off with plain water. ACV cleanses all the product out of the brushes well enough to give your sparkly clean brushes.
4. Green Tea Beauty Tricks
- Green helps to remove toxin and bacteria from the active acne, apply the bag directly to your face and rub gently in a circular motion around active acne. Make sure to do this on a clean face to avoid pushing dirt further into your pores.
- Use against acne scars, Boil two cups of water and add two tablespoons of loose green tea. Allow the tea to steep for ten minutes. When the water is at a comfortable temperature, place a washcloth directly into the tea. Apply the washcloth to your skin and allow it to soak the area. Make sure the water is not too hot to prevent irritation.
- Treat eye bags and puffiness, Put four green tea bags and one tablespoon of freshly grated ginger root in a mug with hot water. Let it steep for 15 minutes. Gently squeeze out the tea bags and place in a plastic bag in the freezer. Use when chilled.
5. Eye Makeup Beauty Tricks
- Using a two-inch piece of transparent tape, such as Scotch tape, create a straight-as-an-arrow cat-eye by placing the tape in line with the end of your brow. Then trace your upper lash line along the tape for perfect application.
If you’ve ever applied glitter to your eyes, and it is very difficult to remove. To the rescue: transparent tape! This type of tape isn’t sticky enough to pull your skin, but it’s just sticky enough to lift glitter off your cheekbones.
6. Make your body scrub
Brown sugar isn’t just good for baking. You can also use it as a body exfoliator. Just take your favourite body wash and pour some brown sugar into the bottle, and then scrub away. If it’s too harsh of an abrasive for you (you’ll be able to tell if it’s making your skin itch slightly), mix in some honey or coconut oil.
7. Toothpaste Beauty Tricks
- Mix mint toothpaste and salt together in a bowl with a little bit of water, then put the mixture on the area of your face with blackheads and leave it there for about five to ten minutes. Then, rinse off with warm water and, if you’re feeling into it, finish up by rubbing ice cubes on your face to close your pores.
- Deep Exfoliator, You can mix mint toothpaste and salt together in a blender, then rub the mixture on your nose (or any area that needs exfoliating) in a gentle, circular manner.
- You can use a toothbrush with a tiny bit of toothpaste on it to exfoliate your lips–don’t use too much toothpaste, but a little will make your lips feel cool and refreshed.
- Gel-based toothpaste contains much of the same ingredients as hair gel, so if you need to keep your hair in place and you’re in a pinch, you can use clear gel toothpaste.
8.Beauty Tricks using toothbrush
- Spray the bristles of an old toothbrush with hairspray to help tame flyaways.
- Use the same method as the above flyaway step — spray the head of your toothbrush with hairspray to give your brow hairs some hold and brush them into place.
- Mix water, lemon juice, and baking soda together to create a self tanner-removing cocktail. Then, use the toothbrush to help exfoliate away any dark spots.
- Make flaky lips smooth by applying a balm to your lips, and then exfoliating away any dead skin with a toothbrush.
- Use your toothbrush to tease your hair.
Use the bristles of an old toothbrush to clean any dirt from underneath your nails.